Brandt Immigration / Orlando Immigration Lawyers / Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas

Contact Us

Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorneys

A fiancé visa allows foreigners to enter the United States for the purpose of entering into a bona fide marriage with a United States citizen and subsequently obtain lawful permanent residency. A K-1 or fiancé visa is needed to bring a fiancé to the United States to marry.

Fiancé Visa Requirements

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) processes and approves K-1 marriage visa petitions based on certain eligibility requirements listed below:

  1. Proof of U.S. citizenship for the person bringing the fiancé to the United States (birth certificate or certificate of naturalization)
  2. Proof that an in-person meeting occurred with the fiancé during the previous two years.
  3. Proof that both parties are legally free to marry (are not married, are divorced, had prior marriage annulled, or are widowed).
  4. Your fiancé does not meet any criteria that render him/her inadmissible to the United States.

Experienced Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorney

If you need to obtain a K-1 or marriage visas, it is extremely important to hire an experienced immigration attorney to help you with your petitions. One mistake or omission on your behalf can cause a delay or denial of your fiancé or spouse’s visa.

Because the immigration process involves complexities and requires exact compliance with all rules and regulations, an immigration lawyer can help you avoid many obstacles that can result in delay or petition denial. There are often factors of which couples are unaware, such as strict time constraints. If the fiancé leaves the United States before marriage, his or her departure may result in a re-entry denial under the current visa.

At Brandt Immigration, our experienced professionals understand the application process, and are happy to answer any questions or concerns that you or your loved ones may have. We know first hand the many benefits United States citizenship can bring, and therefore work relentlessly to make sure you and your family obtain the visas you need to remain with your loved ones.

Contact our  Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorneys at Brandt Immigration today.