American Work Visa Lawyer

There are a variety of  work visas available that are specifically geared toward individuals who would like to live and work in the United States. Most work visas are classified as non-immigrant visas, allowing foreign workers to temporarily fulfill their employment duties, rather than permanent citizenship. Each temporary work visa provides a specific duration of time permitted to work in the United States, although extensions are common as long as the worker qualifies for the conditions of an extension.

Specialty Workers (H1B Visa):

H1B visas allow foreign workers to enter America to undertake employment, and is the most sought after temporary non-immigrant visa. Only specific foreign workers are eligible, and the employer must petition the USCIS in representation of the prospective employee. Only certain special occupations apply for this visa, and the employer must file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.

Seasonal Non-Agricultural Workers (H2B Visa):

H-2B visas permit business owners to hire foreign workers to perform seasonal, peak-load, intermittent, or one-time only work that is non-agricultural. Business owners and employers must prove that there are no U.S. workers available or willing to do the job. Similar to the H-1Bvisa, applicants need a U.S. employer to sponsor them and be willing to pay them the required wage.

Intracompany Transferees (L1 Visa):

Under an L visa, foreign-based executives, managers, and employees with a specialized skill can be transferred to a division, affiliate, subsidiary, or parent branch of an international company in the United States. The L visa is very popular as it provides a work permit to the spouse of the transferred foreign worker and can ultimately lead to a green card in the U.S.

Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O Visa):

O visas are issued to foreign artists, athletes, entertainers, scientists, educators, and business people of extraordinary ability who wish to temporarily come to the United States to work in their field of achievement. O-1A visas are issued to scientists, business people, educators, or athletes. O-1B visas are issued to visual, performing, and literary artists, such as musicians, writers, singers, actors, artists, directors, photographers etc.

Professional Artists, Athletes, & Entertainers (P Visa):

P-1 visas are issued to artists, athletes, and entertainers who wish to temporarily perform or compete — either solo or on a team — in the United States at a specific event. P-2 visas are issued to athletes and entertainers who are participating in a reciprocal exchange program. P-3 visas are issued to artists and entertainers who wish to perform, share, coach, or teach their talents in a cultural program.

Religious Workers (R Visa):

R visas are issued to foreign religious workers who wish to temporarily enter the United States. A religious worker is considered a person who is continually engaged in an activity that is related to a traditional religious function, such as nuns, monks, cantors, liturgical workers, brothers, religious translators, missionaries, catechists, etc.

Orlando Immigration Lawyer

Please do not hesitate to contact our firm regarding assistance with any type of USA work visa. At Brandt Immigration we are committed to a high quality of excellence with each client and are highly skilled in all immigration matters.